Literary Arts



If you have been away from Brown for longer than one year and have not successfully  requested that the leave be extended, you are no longer considered actively enrolled in a degree program, and must reapply to be reinstated. In order to initiate this process, write a letter to the Associate Dean of the Graduate School, with a copy to the Director of Graduate Studies. Either the Director of Graduate Studies or a representative will contact you to let you know what steps you must take at that time.